May 12, 2022
Public comments for the Securities and Exchange
climate risk disclosure proposal are due on June
17 — with major implications for banks and their clients.
On the latest episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast —
sponsored by IntraFi
Network — ABA experts Mike Gullette and Joe Pigg discuss:
- The contours of the proposed disclosures and how they would
- Implications for non-public companies, including privately
owned banks not registered with the SEC.
- Safe harbors proposed within the disclosures.
- The need to avoid unintended consequences from an emerging area
of risk practice, particularly when applied to prudential
- The potential need for sophisticated modeling and expert
consulting services to comply and the need for scalability for
smaller SEC registrants.
A comment letter writing guide to help bankers write their own
comments will be available on aba.com in the coming days.