Mar 18, 2022
At a community bank with limited staff and resources, tech
transformation is all about setting priorities. On the latest
episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast, sponsored
Network, Old Point National Bank CTO Pinkaj Klokkenga discusses
how she is setting and advancing these priorities at her Hampton
Roads area community bank. In the episode, Klokkenga
- Her experience in IT and at the Federal Reserve Bank of
Richmond before joining a community bank.
- Early IT wins for Old Point National Bank in the COVID era,
including online scheduling, ATM upgrades to be ITM-compatible and
revamping online account opening.
- How to identify the tech skillsets a community bank needs and
rely on vendors for support.
- How to balance responsibility for client solutions with the
lines of business.
- In a job-seeker’s market, the importance of offering top IT
talent a range of engaging and creative work opportunities.