Nov 15, 2018
The latest episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast features
interviews with the winners of ABA's
2018 Community Commitment Awards. Recorded before a live
audience at ABA's Annual Convention in New York, where the awards
were presented, each interview explores the winning program or
initiative at each bank and provides insights on how they might be
implemented or adapted at other banks. These stories present the
perfect inspiration as we prepare to celebrate the Thanksgiving
- Affordable housing: Lenny McNeill, SVP and
national managing director for specialized mortgage sales, U.S.
Bank, Los Angeles.
- Community and economic development: Phil
Baldwin, CEO, Citizens Bank, Batesville, Ark.
- Economic inclusion: Nancy Stager, chief human
resources officer, and Glynn Lloyd, executive director of the
Business Equity Initiative, Eastern Bank, Boston.
- Financial education: Chris Gaynor, VP and
relationship manager, Bank of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Protecting older Americans: Sherry Schneider,
SVP and operational risk director, Old National Bank, Evansville,
- Volunteerism: Christina Cudney, CRA officer,
United Bank, Morgantown, W.Va.
- George Bailey Distinguished Service Award:
Marcus Vasquez, VP and fair banking officer, Allegiance Bank,